Friday, January 7, 2011

GRAPE CARRIERS

Looks like I am finally at the stage where I can start adding the grapes.  I counted and there are 54 grapes and I have decided to make them out of ultra suede.  This applique has gone together very easily, but the hands have given me the most trouble.
The embroidery has really made the details stand out, especially the faces. The man on the left is looking at the other man and thinking, c'mon you, carry your share.  The man on the right looks like he is not too happy to be there.  Didn't plan these expressions, but what can you do.


I am glad to be back to my own sewing as I have had quite a few customers in for alterations.  It seemed like everyones Xmas presents needed altering.  My money man was in yesterday and all the transfer papers have been signed, so am getting closer to taking the next step into a studio.

1 comment: