Monday, December 20, 2010

MEDIEVAL GRAPE CARRIERS

This is the pattern for a wallhanging I am going to applique.  I really enjoy appliqueing (needle turn) and hand quilting and when I get started on one I can't leave it alone.  I started this on the 19th and below is where I have gotten to so far.

I am still working on the two pieced quilts, well I have taken a few days off for something I really, really enjoy.  I have to think up a good name for this wall hanging, any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

I will keep posting the pictures as I get further along.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Maggie! I found your blog by way of Applique and Patch quilting...I noticed your comment about being dinosaurs for loving hand work! (Count me in!! :-D) I love what I've seen so far of your work...the pieced wedding star is gorgeous, and I can't believe the detail on your medieval grape carriers!! How cool!! I'd call it "Surely You Jest!" :-D But I'm kinda weird! Keep up the beautiful work!
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Lou thank you for your kind comments, everyone seems to like the Wedding Star, but applique is my bag. Thank you for your suggestion of a name, I was thinking they looked more like elves when you look at the size of the grapes. I obviously am wierd also, flowers are not my bag, weird looking little men are.

    ReplyDelete