Friday, December 17, 2010

WEDDING STAR

I have spent the last week recuperating from my dog hit, but the week has been well spent.  I have finally figured out how to put the star together. I had to take many pieces apart, and had to start over many times.  Now I know why I ididn't finish it long ago. 
What I didn't realize is that there is a right and left to the arcs.  On the right the arc is made with the small part on the right and the other is made with the larger part on the left.   I think this will end up a gorgeous quilt, but not very big, oh well just to get it finished.

I have also started an applique wall hanging (pattern from Suzanne Marshall) as I like to have hand work for the evenings. I live in wine county and am surrounded by wineries, so this pattern seems like a natural.  Love the detail, are these elves carrying a super large batch of grapes?  Suzanne's patterns are always unusual and I just know this is going to be fun to make and also to look at when finished.  Will keep posting the pictures as I progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!!!

    Nice that you wish to join in on the PhD Challenge, but I need your email address to do an initial contact with you, and to invite you onto the blog, as you show up as a "NoReply"...

    You can find my email addy in the sidebar of the group blog if you need...

    ReplyDelete