Sunday, December 5, 2010

WEDDING RING STAR QUILT

This is the second half of this wonderful Saturday.  I am finishing the Wedding Ring Star quilt that I started 4 years ago, bought the pattern and material in Intercourse, Penn. for $4.00 yard, gorgeous material. 

Having no problems with this quilt until I go to put it together and see that each section won't lay flat, no matter how much I press it.  The problem is with the melons that are inside the rings.  I took a short cut and made these melons with 3 pieces instead of the 4 it called for.  When will I learn short cuts never work.

When I got home I spent last night taking apart all of the sections holding these melons. 

I now have to press all these pieces, and re-cut one of the sections into two pieces , instead of one.  Thank goodness I have lots of this background material left.  This is just like making a new quilt.  Will show this as I get along, it really is a beautiful pattern.

The afternoon of this wonderful Saturday was still great as I had solved two problems and was looking forward to getting on with them.

To finish a great day I decided to stop at the dog park, so Maggie could have a run and visit some of her friends.  The park was full of large, rambunctious dogs going a little crazy chasing each other.  A very solid and large labrador retriever crashed into the back of my legs, nearly knocking me flying, and without realizing it I twisted my foot.  This didn't bother me until later that night, and now this morning I have got a very sore foot and am having difficulty putting any weight on it.  Good excuse to stay home and get on with my quilting challenges. 

It was a good Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment