Wednesday, January 12, 2011

GRAPE CARRIERS FINALLY HAVE SOME GRAPES

This has turned out to be a much trickier job than I thought.  I started with the ultra suede and didn't like the look so had to switch back to cotton.  This meant that I had to needle turn 54 circles and keep them in the round allowing spaces in between.  I appliqued the basic shape on to the background with the blue fabric in one piece instead of applying small pieces between the circles.  I chose three colours, blue, purple and bergundy.  The pieces still look like a blob, but when I embroider the circles they should look like grapes.  I hope, I hope.
As is obvious I still have a long way to go. We are finally getting snow, so maybe will not make it out to the guild meeting tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Looking fabulous - and yes, applique outline will lend the definition that's needed to make the 'grapes', just like crossstitching.

    ReplyDelete