Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quilters are the nicest people

In just about every quilting activity you hear someone saying that quilters are the nicest people.  This is true.  We all have someone that we admire and emulate their work.  The person that I admire and look up to is Suzanne Marshall, quilter extraordinaire.  She has won just about every award there is to win and has her quilts in the museum in Paducah.   I have purchased her books and have made a couple of the quilts she shows patterns for in the books. 
I was playing on the computer the other day and typed in her name. Lo and behold she has patterns for sale listed on her site.  I went thru to order and she replied to my e-mail.  We had a couple of e-mail chats and she even suggested a book I would probably be interested in, sent me a photo of the cover.  I ordered some patterns and am now sitting impatiently waiting for them to arrive.
About 2 years ago our quilt guild had a challenge for a log cabin quilt.  I started it and am now just getting to the finishing stage.
This was to have the log cabin blocks in various forms with a flower applique in between each block.  All the log cabin blocks are finished now. 








I have 4 more applique blocks to make, sew it all together and then quilt it.   I will publish a picture of the finished quilt before I start to quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment