Wednesday, November 3, 2010

FIRST STEPS

Well, today I have taken the first steps to a new and different life.  I met with my money man and figured out all the finances and I also met with a real estate agent to enlist his help in finding just the right house for me.  I am ready to move into the nearest local town and set up a studio.   I live in an  adult lifestyle community in a house in a land lease and communal fee situation.  I am not involved in the community to the same extent (as I was a number of years ago) and a lot of my friends are moving on also.  I am tired of all the restrictions living here and the total lack of general upkeep on the part of the owners of the site.  I am basically paying $500.00 a month for the privilege of  living here, and frankly it's no longer worth it.

I am planning on moving around the 1st of February, it all depends on when I find the perfect house.  I am in no rush and will hold out for the house that I have in mind.  I am tired of being property poor and will be renting my new accommodation leaving me relatively financially secure and ready to enjoy the better things in life.  I have never been on a cruise, want to do so, visit the east coast of Canada, visit Mennonite country in Pennsylvania, go to the Houston Quilt Festival and a multitude of other  things I would like to see and do. 
I plan on living higher on the hog than I have been and thoroughly enjoying every day.

The nice part of this move is that I am really staying in the same community and will retain all the friends and relationships that I have made over the last ten years.  I will still be in the same quilt guild and shopping in the same stores, the only thing that is going to change is my residence.  Maggie will still be visiting the same friends at the dog park and walking down the street.  Am really looking forward to the house hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment