Friday, November 5, 2010

craft show

Just got home from the craft show, went specifically to see the woman who makes handbags.  After looking at hers I feel like a real amateur.  Have to smarten up and improve my product.  The felted with needle felted designs are okay and very original but my fabric bags leave a lot to be desired.  I have to find out where to get the larger purse frames.  The small ones I get are from China, the larger ones probably are too.  I will have to spend some time on the net and research product.  It seems that I am falling down on the inner structure, it felt like all of hers were lined with cardboard for stability.  She was asking 240.00 each, and the thought that they were backed with cardboard doesn't sit that well with me.  Will have to sit down and spend more time on the insides than the outsides.

The felted bags with needle felted designs are fine and have lots of structure.

This bag is made from a thick english wool  cloth and I thought it was great. until............ it does need more inner structure and a proper handbag frame would be a nice touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment